The pelvis and it’s complex of muscles, ligaments, and joints is an essential piece of the human body, yet much of what goes on “inside” is a bit of a mystery to many. This workshop will cover the essentials of pelvic health from the inside out–from the organs to the pelvic floor muscles to the deep core.
We’ll discuss questions such as:
- What are normal bladder & bowel habits?
- What exactly is the core?
- Is it normal to leak urine while exercising (or coughing or sneezing)?
- What should things feel like after I have a baby?
- How can I use yoga to enhance my pelvic health?
- How is my back pain affected by my pelvic floor?
- Does my pelvic floor cause my pain with sex?
- What is the pelvic floor anyway?
This workshop is geared toward everyone of any age. While much of the information is geared toward the female body, men are welcome as well. Whether you are a body worker or just learning to work with your own body, come prepared to dive in and learn things that you didn’t know you didn’t know. There will be space for movement and poses intertwined, but this is primarily an educational workshop. The final hour will be set aside for Q&A, so feel free to bring questions about your own body or bodies you work with. You’ll also come away with handouts that can be shared.
Date: Sunday, May 1
Time: 8 am – noon
Location: Still Moving Yoga
More information can be found here: Pelvic Essentials Flyer YogaCalm. Register by emailing me or with the contact form below.